Pantographs: Starting at 1.75 cents a sq. inch & increase with design complexityCustom Quilting: 9 - 11 cents per square inch depending on the quilt design.
Stitch in the Ditch - 7 - 10 cents per square inch
Micro Stippling - 7 - 10 cents per square inch
Tips that will save you money: (There is an extra charge for repairs, backing that has to be sewn, and fixing of missed seams)
- Make sure your backing is assembled and is at least 8 inches longer and 8 inches wider (usable fabric that you want on your quilt back) than the top of the quilt (4” on all sides)
- Check your quilt for seams that have come undone
- Ensure all pins, needles, clips, staples, etc are removed.
- Please remove all embellishments (buttons, beads, crystals, etc) as they can clog the machine or cause thread breakages. They are best added when the quilting is completed.
- Pantographs are the most economical choice. They consist of continuous lines of repeated patterns. We have a huge selection of patterns and can provide a cost estimate once a pattern has been established.
- Quilt Top and Backing should be well pressed. If your top has waves and/or ripples or does not lay flat after being ironed, it will still be noticeable after the quilting is complete
We use King Tut Quilting Thread and we do not clip our threads. Once the quilting is complete, we bury all threads by hand! This will aid in preserving the integrity of the quilting. Batting
Only high-quality battings are used. We offer cotton/polyester blends and bamboo as well as wool and silk battings. Our batting is free from resins, binders and chemicals.Wide Back Fabric
We have a large selection of wide back fabrics to choose from here at the shop, so you don’t have to bring anything but your quilt top.Michele Fiolleau-Long Arm Quilter
Michele has been long arming quilts for more than 11 years, using her two Gammill Machines. One of these machines is outfitted with the Stattler software, providing a large selection of designs to suit all quilts styles and tastes.
There is a quilt gallery on the website featuring some of Michele’s work. Clients also have entered quilts done by Michele in quilt shows across Western Canada.Thank you
for choosing Michele as your long-arm quilter. It gives us great pleasure to be able to put the finishing touches on your work!
Come and visit Michele at MaMi’s Country Quilts253 Front Street in Duck Lake.
Contact us at 306-467-4453 or 306-467-7659